Altar Flowers – Today are given to the glory of God in honor of Paul & Betty Birch’s 55th anniversary (center) and in honor of Irma Darlage’s 61 years of service as Zion’s organist by her family(lectern). To place flowers on the altar please sign up on the flower chart in the hallway across from the sacristy.
- The Art of Marriage –Following in the shoes of its predecessor the Parenting Class, this class is open for anyone to join as some of the common misconceptions of marriage are identified and discussed. This is a predominately video based class that allows for some critical thinking, self-analysis, and a bit of discussion. Meets in the Church Meeting Room.
- Adult Bible Study returns to the Small Catechism to study Holy Baptism. Join us as we learn about the gifts the Lord promises through His Sacrament in which we “drown the old Adam and arise a New man.”
- Intergenerational Sunday School – February 23rd – All ages, preschool – adult are welcome to come learn more about Transfiguration, make an Alleluia banner, and sip root bear floats!
- Tuesday Morning Bible Class – Please join us at 9:30 a.m. February 11th as we study the book of Haggai.
- Men’s Bible Study – March 7th at 8:00 a.m.
- Women’s Bible Study meets at 7:00 p.m. March 2nd at Marie Horton’s home.
- An Adult Information Class is forming for those interested in learning more about the Lutheran Christian faith. If you or someone you know would like more information, please contact Pastor Akey or Pastor Stuckwisch as soon as possible.
In accordance to Article 4, section 2 of the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church By-laws, receive this notice of announcement for a “Special Voters” meeting Sunday, February 9th between the 8:00am and 10:30am church services (approximately 9:30am) to be held in the Fellowship hall at Zion Lutheran Church. Article 5 (Section 3) describes the “calling” of a teacher / Principal: “The office of a called teacher is the authority conferred upon a teacher by God, through a call of the congregation, to perform the duties of his/her office in all its parts according to the Word of God and the needs of the congregation”. As President, I affirm, the Call Committee has reviewed candidates: referred by the congregation, derived names from the Synod database of seeking and eligible opportunities, reviewed the requirements and qualifications, and is ready to offer to the congregation a list of candidates and make a recommendation to the voting membership; seeking majority vote to further the action of the “calling” of our next Principal replacing Interim Director Roy Stuckwisch (Article 5, Section 1). – Brad Stuckwisch
Camp Lakeview Scholarship Applications are in the Narthex. Sponsored by Zion Women’s Fellowship-LWML. Pick one up today. Return by Sun., Apr 26.
Provisions ‘Giving Tree’ – A Zion congregation ‘Giving Tree’ is filled with hearts ready to pick. Grab handfuls of hearts labeled with food and paper products. Return your items and place around the ‘Giving Tree’. Provided by ZWF.
The Lutheran Witness Magazine is available monthly on the shelf in the narthex. Please pick up a copy to take home. There are many great articles plus a section on Indiana District news. All excellent reading. Enjoy!
Jr. & Sr. ZYO Annual Dinner—Today. Serve Zion Lutheran Church by assisting at our Annual Dinner! Sign-ups for time slots are outside the Pastors’ offices.
Jr. ZYO Youth Night—Sunday, February 23rd at 5:30 p.m.
Sr. ZYO Youth Night—Sunday, February 23rd at 7:00 p.m.
Zion Lutheran School
- Zion Lutheran School office staff is now taking registrations for the 2020-2021 school year. The official Registration Night is this Tuesday, February 11th, 6:00 – 7:30p.m. A meeting will take place at 6:15p.m. to give a brief review of our program offerings & to answer questions. Our programs consist of classes ranging from 2-year old children through kindergarten and an extend care offering throughout the week, as an extension to our classroom learning, etc.
- The school children of Zion Lutheran School did a marvelous job of collecting $1,870.52 for their Riley Children’s Hospital mission project for National Lutheran Schools Week. What an exciting outcome from our children & their families in their mission project efforts! Praise the Lord!
- The Zion Lutheran School “Pampered Chef” annual fundraiser will be held February 2 through February 21. If you would like to help ZLS out by purchasing any items, please pick up a catalog & fundraiser announcement sheet located in the church narthex.
- Reminder—check out the “Used Items Sale” table in the school atrium area to see if there is anything you might want to purchase. All proceeds help with school financial needs.
- Donations to the Zion Lutheran School SGO account can be done by visiting the website http://www.lutheransgo.org/donate/ or sending in a completed donor form to “The Lutheran SGO of Indiana” in Fort Wayne. These donation forms are available at Zion in the church narthex and the church & school offices.
Trinity Lutheran High School
- Trinity Lutheran High School invites students and their families to the Trinity Open House on Sunday, February 23rd from 1:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. Come take a tour of the building, speak to students at the activity/club showcase, and meet Trinity’s teachers! All are welcome, and interested eighth grade students in attendance will receive a $100 voucher that covers registration costs at Trinity for the 2020-2021 school year. Please enter through the gymnasium. We hope to see you there!
Traveling Lutherans and Friends will gather for a pizza party at the Pizza Palace on the west side of Seymour at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, February 19. There will be a pizza buffet, which includes pizza, salad, sandwiches, and a drink for $6.25 plus tax per person. Please call Barbara Shoemaker at 812-358-3198 by Monday, February 17. Leave your name, phone number and the names of others in your party. If the weather is such that school is cancelled, the event is cancelled also.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 8:00 AM Worship/Communion
- 9:15 AM Education Hour
- 10:30 AM Worship/Communion
- 4:00 PM Annual Dinner
- 6:00 PM Zion Women’s Fellowship
- 8:00 PM Dartball @ Zion
- 9:30 AM Bible Class
- 2:00 PM Lutheran Community Home Service
- 6:00 PM ZLS Registration Night
- 9:00 AM Japanese Class
- 4:45 PM Midweek Confirmation
- 6:00 PM Midweek Worship
- 7:00 PM Board of Youth
- 6:00 PM Board of Zion Lutheran School
- Valentine’s Day
- 8:00 AM Worship
- 9:15 AM Education Hour
- 10:30 AM Worship
- 2:00 PM Lutheran Community Home Service
- 2:00 PM Men’s Bible Study @ LCH