BULLETIN NOTES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Altar Flowers – To place flowers on the altar please sign up on the flower chart in the hallway across from the sacristy.
Adult Bible Classes:
- Today – Intergenerational Sunday School – All ages – children & adults will go caroling at The Lutheran Home during Zion’s education hour. We will meet in the fellowship hall @ 9:15 to organize into caroling groups. The goal is to have three groups so that we can carol at Forest Path, the nursing home, and assisted living. Please join us!
- January 6th – Images and experiences will be shared from the Journeys of Paul trip from June.
- January 13th – An examination of the liturgical calendar of the Church centered on the season and festivals of the church year (continued).
- Beginning January 20 – Pastor Keinath will begin a series focused on the pressures of family life, including marriage, parenting, and the daily struggles of God’s people in the 21st century.
- Beginning January 20 – The Intertestamental Times will examine that period of 400 years between the Old and New Testaments and what was happening on the world stage that led to the birth of our Savior.
TODAY following the second service, we will be taking down the Christmas decorations. If you could possibly give about an hour of your time, please join us in the church’s sanctuary to pack them away for another year. Thank you so much for your help. Any questions, contact Joyce Stuckwisch or Betty Noel.
Please remember to lock the doors when leaving the building.
Zion ESL is in need of several nursery helpers. The class meets on Wednesday mornings from 8:45 to 11:15. Contact Ruth Ann Rebber for more information.
Jr. ZYO Youth Night Sunday, January 13th, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Sr. ZYO Youth Night Sunday, January 13th, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Sr. & Jr. ZYO Ski Trip Sunday, January 27 directly after service into late in the evening. Estimated cost around $60. Lunch provided. Bring money for dinner. Dress warmly.
Zion Lutheran School
Thrivent Action Teams: Want to help ZLS with educational events? If you are a Thrivent Financial member, you have access to sponsor one or two events each year. The Action Team kits include a $250.00 gift card as project money. This can really help offset expenses for ZLS when purchasing supplies for our various events! Our next events include National Lutheran Schools Week and an Art Extravaganza. If you are a Thrivent member, and would like to help with this, please e-mail Mrs. Heiss, Principal at email@example.com or call the school office at 812-522-5911.
Trinity Lutheran High School
The Trinity boys’ basketball team will be hosting a taco meal fundraiser before the home basketball game on January 11 from 4:30-6:00. Tickets are $5. You can purchase a ticket from a player (Kadin Hardman or Josiah Foster) or at the door. Come out and support your Trinity Boys basketball team.
TLHS Campus Chaplain Call Committee: Trinity Lutheran High School has formed a call committee for a campus chaplain to begin in the 2019-2020 school year. The committee welcomes names for consideration. Please submit them to Principal Darlage at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 524-8547. The deadline for submitting names is Monday, January 14, 2019. Please keep the call committee and possible candidates in your prayers!
TLHS invites students and their families to an open house on Sunday, January 27th from 2:00 to 4:00 P.M. All interested eighth grade students will also receive a voucher that covers the full registration at Trinity for the 2019-2020 school year. Please enter through the commons. We hope to see you there!
Traveling Lutherans and Friends will be meeting for a brunch followed by cards and games on Thursday, January 17, 2019, at Trinity Lutheran Church located on Highway 135 south of Vallonia. Cost is $10.00 per person. Reservations should be made to Barbara Shoemaker at 812-358-3198 by Monday, January 14. If no one answers the phone, please leave a message with your phone number.
St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church, Waymansville, Rummage Sale – January 18 from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and January 19 from 8:00 a.m. – 12noon. Breakfast items and a light lunch will be available. All proceeds will go to the building of the new parsonage.